Sunday, February 28, 2010

Volunteer Time at LaGrange Art League


Quick sketch of a watercolor by Ann Grill. Captivating scene of life at the shore, much more to her piece, fantastic colors, drawn to make a quick sketch of the repetition of rooftops that captivated me and everyone else who walked past.

The judged show this month will receive the Alla Jablokow Nature Award. This sketch is part of one of her watercolors that drew me in and transported me to nature visits that I cherish. My favorites, roots, rocks and water. Many beautiful works arriving on this changing day at LGAL. Alla was there hugging many longtime friends and members. It had been rather enjoyable volunteer time meeting and greeting fellow artists and members. My nature piece is yet unfinished, challenged this week by censoring and time constraints, left last months work in which doesn't follow suit, but still have something of mine on the walls... I think I followed protocol. Fought with the scanner much of yesterday to upload these quick sketches, why it worked this morning not sure. Seems I'm not to turn it off.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful experience all the way around.. good for you more to come~
~v~Laura

Elena said...

Ooh sounds like an artist date for the artistic soul. Great sketches. And love love your day spent w/ mom downtown!

Bob said...

Roots and rocks and water... that sounds like a canoe trip I did in Canada once.

Very nice sketches Doris and I'm sorry to hear that old censoring bug is at it again.

april said...

Great sketches and what a great way to use your time there!

Marjorie said...

Thanks for your comments on myblog Doris! Now you see what has taken so much of my time!! I'm stopping at the gallery on Wed on thw way home from Loyola (mamogram appt!) I like your sketches!

butterfly woman said...

As always,Doris I love your multi-talented self. Drawing is great, abstract of nature! And sounds like good energy at the Gallery. I drag myself about joining but really I think it might be my next move. Need to get out of my cocoon a bit more.LGAL has lots of movers and shakers for sure!