Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oswego Art Show


Photo by Walter Lesus of Sandwich, IL

I've been delinquent in posting. Pictured is tent of Kendall Art Guild at Oswego's Fine Art Show August 20th and 21st. My work is scattered about the outside of the booth. Heavy rains on Saturday damaged some of my mats. I was invited to judge the show and the experience was phenomenal. Previous judging I had done did not include speaking with the artists, but judging the works only. I was very inspired by the interaction with all the great artists in the exhibit. The KAG booth was judged separately as a member show. I donated my linocut "The Call" to the raffle and was pleased that it generated many tickets. Woefully I sold nothing, but enjoyed my time away from work.

2 comments:

Laura said...

sounds like it was a wonderful experience for you..good to hear...

Jan said...

Hi Doris, glad you enjoyed the show. It is hard to make art sales these days but I hope it won't discourage you from making art.