Thursday, March 13, 2014

March-One Week till Spring

I keep thinking it has not been windy, but then I watch the snow blowing across my driveway and drifting to complicate what's left of a long winters struggle to survive. The sun returns today and melting the ice leftover from yesterdays carnage. Tomorrow will be above 50 degrees again, I hear people stating their early snowdrops are showing up. Mine are under piles of snow still two foot deep. I had noticed a flock of red-winged blackbirds near the house and their songs returning. Waiting on the elusive robins. "We the great mass of people think only of the love we have for our land, for we do the the land where we were brought up." ~Chief John Ross

1 comment:

april said...

I have seen the robins and hope they survived this past blizzard! But haven't seen or heard those red-wings yet. Great journal page!