Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Great Blue Heron"


The Blue Heron had captured my attention and imagination as I strolled the riverpaths over the winter months. I pulled out this old embossed linocut and had it framed for current exhibition, replacing "Chopsticks" at NAL. I"ve been watching as a white egret is nesting at the ponds near my home and this morning when looking for her I noticed a blue heron somewhat hidden by colors nesting not far from white egret. I will need to pull out the old binoculors and hope to see some chicks this spring yet!

3 comments:

Uta said...

How lucky are you to have these wonderful birds nesting nearby.

butterfly woman said...

I really see the nature lover in you as you write about and share your artistic creations. I like how you describe your own personal connection to each art piece.
Oh, I forgot, I love the title of your bog - Resonance of Doris. It has a powerful feel to it!
Bev

Doris said...

Thanks Sunhawk!
It was hampering me what to name my blog for quite some time...and as I just went in and set up...it just appeared, it had been waiting for me instead!