Sunday, October 17, 2010

Afternoon Walks


Whatever would I do without my lunchtime walks? I listen, I smell, I've got all my sensors ready for a wildlife rendezvous. I find many pennies from heaven and exclaim "why rusty?" I long to walk the creek beds and visit deep in the woods as I continually enjoy visits with SunHawk, WhistlePig and Blue Heron. Once in awhile even Sister Turtle crosses my path. But see here, see here at the lovely fall colors! A treasure in the woodlands, some sprite to my soul.

5 comments:

Bob said...

Very nice picture Doris. In my hurry to and from, I notice the changing colors but I never really see them.

I'm thinking it's about time for a walk in the canyons at Starved Rock State Park.

april said...

So nice, Doris. And your little characters sound like a children's book waiting to be written.

Elena said...

Love that as busy as you are you never lose that connection to nature.

butterfly woman said...

Glad you're taking time for nature and all its companions, good to revitalize our souls. Those rusty pennies...maybe you can post some of those "wheel" photos here. Gazing at them whetted my creative appetite, I'm sure they did yours too. Another poetic post, that last line is so dreamy.....

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo and post Doris. You caught the essence of autumn there. Hope you're feeling much better soon and can shake off your cold. x