Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ashley tonight



It was very good to be back at life after a week without...challenges the perception again. I introduced Ska music to the group...don't think it was widely accepted, but a few were pleased. Some Tom Petty and Daryl Hall & John Oates kept the evening lively. I requested an impromptu critique of my wizard drawing which is coming into its final stages and got favorable suggestions toward it's completion. I'll share him shortly...intend to have him ready for dreamscape show coming this month yet. Into the Land of Nod. Rod didn't make it this evening with me, a friend of his broke her arm as it was time to be heading in. Almost felt guilty leaving to draw, but it was not a youth I knew nor did I know her parents, certainly any one else would have been useful there. So draw I did..filled another sketchbook...really need to head out to pick up more...down to few paper choices.

5 comments:

Marjorie said...

These are very nice Doris!

Uta said...

You always sound so peaceful when you've been drawing. Good work.

april said...

Good observation, Uta. You do, Doris.

Doris said...

Someday it'll be my norm not the exception!

butterfly woman said...

You always capture such unique poses. Can't wait to see the Wizard, it will be fun to see a different kind of art from you. Dreamscape show sounds magical. Glad you made your life drawing artist date. Good for the soul!