Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Life


Lauren and Sylvia posed full evening together with minimal gestures to warm up. Work in progress...looking at a background developement to pop them out.
My life had twists unexpected today...ran out of the house an hour early this morning thinking I was late! Sat at work 20 minutes before I went in neighboring business and called the boss wondering what had happened to the rest of staff. At least I had reading material with me! Taught this afternoon...new group of 4th to 6th graders who had been allowed to push their last teacher around. We righted that and next week will hopefully be much more cooperative. At home, recycling bin was blowing away across the cornfield! Drop in temperatures and icy wind...knee deep snow crossing the ditches! Last thing I wanted to do was drive into Naperville...but I did want to get there and get some drawing time in. Sir Speedy deivered my new business cards there, so I'm back in business. Thanks Scott!

4 comments:

butterfly woman said...

Two models at once, was that a challenge? I love their expressions and how you captured as well their wonderful womanly curves. You're getting quite a portfolio, I could see you doing a show of these life drawings! Someday I have got to come over and sketch with you all. When weather warms up, perhaps.

Doris said...

April exhibit at Naperville Art League of life groups work! Monthly show is drawings so I can leave mine in!

Laura said...

Hey there girl, You never stop to amaze me. The detail is so great. and yes I would work on the back ground and you will have a wonderful piece.

butterfly woman said...

Remind me again of details of April exhibit when time nears. Will there be an opening reception. You seem more confident with getting your work out there!!! Awesome.