Sunday, November 1, 2009

Gerry


I know I've shown this before, but this oil pastel of Gerry I framed up for the holiday show at La Grange Art League. Now I have the week to prep some work for Naperville Art League's Holiday Show. Deadlines. Picked up a couple frames at Goodwill this afternoon. Haven't started transformation as I spent some time cleaning up after Captain's latest shredding of cat beds... stuffing everywhere! Transplanting some plants from my sis Darlene who works with Schafer's Greenhouse. So much to do, some of the gutters cleaned, some of the leaves mulched, If only I had a weekend like other people with 2 full days off, life would quickly change.

5 comments:

Elena said...

Looks good and sounds like you've been busy. Captain is on a rampage isn't he!

butterfly woman said...

Yes, I like this image. I'll have to mosy over to the Art League and check out the Holiday Show! It's so good to see you getting your work out there! And even though life is busy, glad to see you stay creatively connected! Captain seems to want attention, maybe you can paint his portrait?

Doris said...

Maybe if he were in my lap! He does think of himself as a little one.

april said...

frames at Goodwill! Did you find some good ones? Good idea!

Doris said...

I sand and re-stain them or repaint them. Usually nicked or marred and boy is the glass hard to clean! But three frames and a little piece of local pottery for $10.00!