Monday, January 5, 2009

Anticipation

I thought I'd accomplish feats yesterday and then I thought it might happen today, but I was wrong. I have gotten back into an exercize mode of life and once the habit is formed, it will stay. But the feats are again looming deadlines and I really am not tackling them as I need to. I'm struggling with the outcome of my latest linocut...it needs more work and I have to be brave enough to let the whole thing get written off as mistake. Well, it might be saved... but the trepidation is a little paralyzing. Oh, what's a girl to do?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Not being a printer, but a piece worker with collage I would cut out the parts not needed and work with what I have and make some more linoluem cuts and working it in. Or did you print it to see what it looks like and now your not happy? Well I'm sure you will work it out, part of the artists journey is working through it all right??

butterfly woman said...

And mistakes are how we learn for the next time. If things went perfectly, wouldn't it be boring? I don't know too many people personally who do what you do, so I am always interested in what you share, even the mistakes.

butterfly woman said...

P.S.
I've got a great blue heron visiting me on my blog. Come on over, I think it's you flying over to see my birdie friends.

Uta said...

Well all I can advise is enjoy the process and don't worry about the outcome :)