Monday, January 19, 2009

Now is The Time...


Woulda, coulda, shoulda. "Now is the time..." ~quote of Martin Luther King. Evenings WBN(Womens Business Network) meeting was on networking. New format decided upon for the meeting worked out very nicely. Being a rather extraordinarily introverted artist, I've passed up so very many networking opportunities. That old upbringing of not interupting has left me out of most group conversations. I've had opportrunity to lead many discussions and am able to do it with great diplomacy, but if you don't interupt, you aren't heard at all. That in itself allows for greater opportunity to absorb the sights and sounds and pull meaning into often superficial conversation topics. I simply do better with one on one conversation. So...meeting was full of great reminders of what I need to continue to market myself and life's work. I've not felt as much acceptance as with this group to step over secure boundary lines and challenge myself as needed. Slowly progress is made.

No comments: