Thursday, October 9, 2008

The best way...



"The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it." ~Brendon Francis.

This uprooted situation... just captured my attention. Roots are so beautiful! Except when a stripe of undyed hair. Or is it exceedingly much more beautiful? I'll never forget my Annie Orphan perm...as it grew out it was so evident the damage done to my hair...the dull lengths, the new growth healthy. Today, I substitute taught for Yorkviile class. The kids were great, the teacher's helper was phenomenal. So much transpires in an hour. Students were 2nd and 3rd grades and much learning crossed wires! They were pleased with their results and so was I!

2 comments:

Uta said...

Totally agree with you about the roots. The are beautiful things. I will have to fish out some of my root photos. I always think they look like sculptures.

butterfly woman said...

I saw you the other day in Frankfort meditating by a pond. Or maybe you were catching your breath from long flight. Said Hi but you flew away. Sorry to disturb you.
I like Roots too, the tree kind.Though I laughed when you contrasted it to hair roots! It's neat to look at every facet of nature, roots to me look almost alive, guess I look at too much fantasy art where they look like snakes.
Perhaps you can post some of your student's art creations here. Would love to see your teaching reflected in their art.
Your teaching inspires me.