Saturday, August 23, 2008

Are we there yet?

"When we are no longer able to change a situation-we are challenged to change ourselves." ~Victor E. Frankl

Was able to sleep in and catch eight hours sleep! Should feel refreshed, but so much undone and I feel rather under the weather. Loads of stress robbing my energy levels, not enough time to get necessary exercise, and work partners acting out. Do I change? Can I accept disgruntled employees behaving infantile? Keeping abreast of the news, as predicted panic has ensued, there are increasing amounts of local crime and suicides. As if we will be in recession forever? Doomsday is here. Times are hard for many people, especially those who were troubled before the recession. Many who haven't lost income are tightening their belts as pink slips are still possible. The economy was encouraged by the extremely wealthy who are yet not hurting. But somehow, we'll all get through this. The recession of '79 was not as troubling? My faith was strong then, I expect it is strong now, but I seem to be surrounded by people in panic. I suppose if people had been on easy street and weren't struggling before, they would be quite new to survival skills that some of us developed over the years. It's often hard to find joy, but it is always there waiting. Enough about all that.
Captain Destructo has decided jumping in my gallon water crocks is an amusing game! I don't have time to mow the lawn this weekend, but as it stands it works out well as I've not enough money to buy the gas. So here's to no money reducing the workload, YEH! Was able to get out to visit my son in his new rental home, meant to take pictures. We walked to downtown Oswego to view current art show and remove my work from Imagine on Main to show in Dickson-Murst Festival tomorrow.

No comments: