Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chiaroscuro


Interesting contrast in lighting on this subject, she'd make great subject matter for a finished piece. I had been waiting for this glorious rain, although I had cut tall green weeds this week, much of the grass is still brown. Long hot day at my desk. I was so reprieved to need a few groceries and bring my temperature back down. As I loaded my van, I heard barking and sure enough some fool had left two chihuahuas in a car with windows cracked a couple inches. I re-entered store and asked for assistance. The clerk was willing to page the owner but couldnot call the police, I would need to do that. I don't have a cell phone and I prayed the owner was receptive. The figures are as such. In 30 minutes in the sun a cars interior temperature can climb 40 degrees. It was 94 degrees outside. That's baked doggies! I also have been adding ice to my fish tank so they don't cook on me. That was 85 degrees when I arrived home. The dog days of summer are upon us, and my evening ended with running for rescue food and stray neuter, soaked in the rain, loading and unloading. Onto a lighter subject, article written in today's Naperville Sun about experience at last Saturday's life drawing workshop. Enjoy!

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/lifestyles/decent/1078696,6_5_NA29_HILARY_S1.article

1 comment:

Laura said...

Nice drawing. And love the article. Such fun.
~v~Laura