Monday, July 14, 2008

Perseverance


"By perseverance the snail reached the ark." ~Charles Hodden Spurgeon
Today I noticed a wonderful snail drawing in April's Art Blog. Perseverance has been a life theme, and now it needs to be a goal oriented action. Certainly I can progress as the snail, in slow purposeful increments. Or...did the snail tag along outside the boat uninvited? Does it really matter? Today had been about faith, keeping it strong amongst the obstacles we call life. Morning chores, work with tiny upstarts to deal with, early evening pool workout before Holy Hour. Catching up with meditative readings. And hoping that the days will come that my art is the center of the days. Until then, I must persevere like the snail who manages to accomplish removal of vision blocking algae. Who would have guessed that today's muse might be a snail? Possibly Charles Hodden Spurgeon.

1 comment:

april said...

I am honored for that mention. And I love that quote. ...April