Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lost Ibex


I am only one, but I am still one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
--Helen Keller
This embossing had been printed in brown ink, and the infant ibex's image is precious, here without the ink, it is difficult again to decipher where he stands in the rock crannies. Framed at Imagine on Main for $75.00.
Today we watched as communities vacated flooding. 7" rain that are slowly receding, many rivers have not yet crested and warnings to evacuate are still happening. With the afternoon downpours my lines had had enough. I scooped water twice around a basement drain. About 3 gallons. I wonder how many minnows have washed over into the ditch with this storm system? My fishy friends have been quite comfortable and have enjoyed a weekend water change and algae scrubbing. The temperature has dropped now and the house is closed and cool. Should be good sleeping once I make it that far! Bathed the Dixie tonight, found a single flea on her and am watching anxiously to prevent an outbreak! So many animals to treat, wonder how I'll manage this week!

No comments: